Dual Channel refers to two lines of communication and authentication and is usually made in reference to the sending of SMS text messages or Voice Calls:
1. Authentication details are sent by SMS/Phone Call across the mobile phone network.
2. Authentication is made using the internet
Swivel version 3.10.2 onwards allows PIN protection for Single Channel communications and PINless for dual channel authentication.
Allow message request by username: default Yes, allows username to be used to request an SMS, otherwise SessionID is required. The format is:
Virtual or hardware appliance: https://Swivel-server:8443/proxy/DCMessage?username=test
Software only: http://Swivel-server:8080/pinsafe/DCMessage?username=test
Allow alternative usernames: default No, allow the user of alternative usernames
Alternative username attributes: the alternative attributes that are permitted, for multiples seperate with a comma ','
Multiple authentications per String: default No, Allow the One Time Code to be resubmitted
Confirmation image on message request: default Yes, see Dual Channel Confirmed Message
In Bound OTC Rule: default None, Options:
- None, No inbound rules
- Match, OTC is submitted both at the authentication point sent by SMS and must be the same
- Message, OTC is just used in SMS message and not the login page
- Confirm Key, used with the below key to define a key to indicate that the message has been received
[server_dualchannel_inboundconfirmkey]: default 1
[server_dualchannel_inboundcallgap]: default 10
In Bound SMS Timeout (ms): default 500